Temporary Residence Card (TRC)

Temporary Residence Card (TRC)

Though obtaining a Temporary Residence Card (TRC) doesn’t mean you can own a home or property in Vietnam, it does allow you to purchase a motorbike or vehicle to get around the country more conveniently. TRCs can last anywhere from two to three years depending on your status. For instance, if your spouse is Vietnamese, you can receive a TRC that lasts for up to three years. If you invest in a business in Vietnam, you qualify for a TRC that lasts up to two years. Contact us today to learn more.

The Process

The steps to obtain a TRC are a bit more involved than some of the other services that we offer. To process the request, we’ll need a picture of your passport and a picture of the business license that sponsored your Visa to enter the country, among others. Contact us today to learn more about what we’ll need from you to help you obtain a TRC.


We’ve compiled some of the questions we’re frequently asked below. Please feel free to contact us if your question is not answered or if you’d like additional information on any topic. We’re standing by and ready to help.

What's a trc?

Temporary residency card. It last up to 3 years

Who can have this?

What do I get in my passport when I extend my stay?

Just a stamp. Normally it is a rectangle saying: Permitted to stay until…….

How long does it take to process?

Around 10 days or 3 days if you apply for fast approval

Do I have to leave the country?

No, you don’t.


  • TRC
    Contact us

Call Today

We're here to help

Have a Question?